Newly Renovated Kentucky Speedway is set for Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts
HOUSTON, TX, – Quaker State® will return to the newly repaved track at Kentucky Speedway for the Quaker State 400 presented by Advance Auto Parts. The revamped racing surface and the increased degree of banking in Turns 1 and 2 will make for an especially fast and competitive race. The annual Sprint Cup Series race will anchor a NASCAR tripleheader weekend ending with the main event at the 1.5 mile, tri-oval race on Saturday, July 9th. The race will be broadcast live at 7:30 p.m. EST on NBC Sports Network.
“It’s hard to believe that the Quaker State 400 is already in its sixth year as a regularly scheduled race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. In 2016, in addition to a newly renovated track, we’ll continue to engage fans with unique race-day experiences,” said Doug Kooyman, Global Brand Manager, Quaker State. “For one day each year, Quaker State celebrates with race fans by painting the Bluegrass State green. As we like to say about Kentucky Speedway, the walls are just as green on each side!”
Race Fan Experiences:
· Fans attending the race will receive a Quaker State-green rally towel as they enter the gates. Race-goers will be encouraged to show their support for their favorite drivers by waving their towel from the time they approach the starting line until they take the checkered flag.
· The Quaker State display area will feature an oil change demonstration done on the Tommy Pike Customs 2015 Mustang GT and a game with opportunities to win prizes. Visitors to the tent can also engage with Advance Auto Parts, Tommy Pike Customs™ and Fishing League Worldwide Quaker State Anglers - Jimmy Houston, Scott Canterbury and Matt Arey. Throughout the race weekend, fans can enter giveaways to win prizes such as the Jimmy Houston 50th Anniversary-inspired 2015 RAM 1500 pickup truck designed and built by Tommy Pike and his team at Tommy Pike Customs or a Quaker State inspired Orion cooler.
· Fans can capture memories from the race by taking selfies and sharing with friends at the Quaker State 400 photo area.
Quaker State ‘VIPs’:
· The Advance Auto Parts Rev It Up! RV Tour is headed back to Sparta and fans will have the opportunity to meet Sprint Cup driver Regan Smith, as well as receive prizes such as branded merchandise, win gift cards and play the exclusive Rev It Up! digital game at the RV display area. They will also have a chance to meet Advance’s mascot, Tuxlee, with a growing Instagram following (Instagram.com/tuxleeontour). Visitors can also sign up for Advance’s Speed Perks loyalty program at the RV site or visit advanceautoparts.com.
Quaker State 400 Returns to Kentucky Speedway
· Tommy Pike Customs™ will return to Kentucky for a third year with Quaker State and supercharge the area with the 2016 Maserati Ghibli S Quaker State/Tommy Pike Customs’ show car, 2015 Ford Mustang GT and 1969 F-100 “Quaker State Truck.” Tommy will be “revving up” the event with his 450-500 horsepower engine stand display powered by Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic motor oil. Fans also have the opportunity to talk to Tommy Pike about his passion for developing and customizing vehicles and why he chooses Quaker State.
· Fishing League Worldwide pro-anglers Jimmy Houston, Matt Arey and Scott Canterbury will set out to the Quaker State casting pond for interactive fishing clinics with fans. Each angler will be available to sign autographs and take fan questions.
· Advance Auto Parts Speed Perks Members will have an exclusive opportunity for VIP treatment through an autograph session with Regan Smith, Fishing League Worldwide pro-anglers, Tommy Pike and more! Visit SpeedPerks.com to learn more or to sign up for this cost-saving loyalty program.
With the Quaker State 400 rolling back into town, the Kentucky Speedway track renovation project will be in the national spotlight. In addition to increased banking in Turns 1 and 2, the comprehensive project is highlighted by drainage improvements and an additional Steel and Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) barrier.
Advance Auto Parts President, George Sherman, will start the race as the Grand Marshal. “We’re thrilled to be the presenting sponsor of the Quaker State 400 for the fourth year now and look forward to watching the battle on the fresh asphalt from under the lights,” said Sherman. “We’ll be waving our Quaker State rally towels proudly as Regan Smith and the No. 7 Tommy Baldwin Racing Chevrolet approach the starting line carrying the Advance Auto Parts colors.”
Thanks to Quaker State and Advance Auto Parts, race fans can enjoy the hard fought battle from the stands at a great savings. Fans can purchase two $89 Quaker State 400 race tickets for only $100, a savings of $78: http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/aap/