BRISTOL, TENN. — Rain washed out NASCAR Cup Series and Craftsman Truck Series on-track activity Friday, leaving everything to Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday features each series’ four 15-lap qualifying races. The Truck Series’ qualifying races begin at 4:30 p.m. ET, while the Cup Series’ races begin at 6 p.m. (TV: FS2, Radio: SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)
A random draw set the qualifying races’ lineups. Then the qualifying races will determine the main event’s lineups, based on a driver’s passing points combined with points for where they finish.
Passing points are the difference between a driver’s starting spot and finishing spot.
If someone starts ninth and finishes fourth, they get five passing points and seven points for finishing fourth.
The Truck Series races at 8 p.m. ET Saturday (TV: FS1, Radio: SiriusXM NASCAR Radio). Stage ends are at laps 40, 90 and 150, when the checkered flag will fly (barring overtime).
The NASCAR Cup Series races at 7 p.m. ET (TV: FOX, Radio: SiriusXM NASCAR Radio). Stage ends are at laps 75, 150 and 250, when the checkered flag will fly (barring overtime).
In each main event, points, 10-1, are awarded to the top-10 at the end of the first two stages and count toward the championship.
Notables in the NASCAR Cup Series include:
– Josh Berry in the No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet
– Jonathan Davenport in the No. 13 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet
– J.J. Yeley in the No. 15 Rick Ware Racing Ford
– B.J. McLeod in the No. 78 Team LiveFast Ford
Notables in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series field include:
- Joey Logano in the No. 66 ThorSport Racing Toyota
- William Byron in the No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Chevrolet
- Chase Briscoe in the No. 22 AM Racing Ford
- Jonathan Davenport in the No. 7 Spire Motorsports Chevrolet
- Tyler Carpenter in the No. 41 Niece Motorsports Chevrolet
- Parker Kligerman in the no. 75 Henderson Motorsports Chevrolet
- Norm Benning in his No. 6 Chevrolet
- Stefan Parsons in the No. 20 Young’s Motorsports Chevrolet
- Tanner Carrick in the No. 30 OnPoint Motorsports Toyota
- Andrew Gordon in the No. 47 G2G Racing Toyota
- Jessica Friesen in the No. 62 Halmar-Friesen Racing Toyota
- Jerry Bohlman in the No. 46 G2G Racing Toyota